Step back in time at the Halifax and South Western Railway Museum just outside Lunenburg on The Lighthouse Route. This feature-packed display provides the sights and sounds of a stationmaster’s office from the 1940’s including the clacking of the telegraph sounder and the clanging of the locomotive bell. An extensive S-gauge model railway shows many of the stations and scenes along the H&SW, including Liverpool and Lunenburg, as well as an authentic portrayal of the station, roundhouse and yard in Bridgewater. Fun is at hand for the entire family. Admission charged.
- Address: 11188 Highway 3 (Bridgewater to Lunenburg) just outside Lunenburg town limits.
- Telephone: 1-902 634-3184
- Hours: Open May 1-October 31, Monday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday 1pm to 5 pm; winter by appointment
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking Spaces
- Bus Tours Welcome
- Donations Welcome
- For more information on Rail to Trails in the area click here.